How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
If you’re shopping for a full-size truck, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” The Ram 1500 has a long and rich history of getting the job done for Spokane drivers. New models have a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning the truck a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing distinction. Whether you buy new or used, the Ram 1500 will amaze with its sheer power and capability. Read on to learn more about the features that make the Ram 1500 towing capacity possible.
What Are the Towing Capacities of the Ram 1500’s Engines?
Traditionally, the Ram 1500 has been offered with V6 and V8 engines — all of which offered impressive horsepower, torque, and towing specs. The Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® automatic transmission has been the gearbox of choice for many years. Today’s Ram 1500 engines include the following:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This engine generates up to 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and can tow as much as 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: When the Ram 1500 is equipped with this engine, it’s capable of 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: This engine elevates towing capacity to 12,750 pounds. Horsepower and torque outputs are the same as the HEMI® engine without eTorque.
The Ram 1500 is as much of a hauler as it is a tower. Its payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
Easier & Safer Towing Around Coeur d'Alene, ID
Historically, the Ram 1500 has offered some of the most powerful engines in the light-duty pickup segment. However, its towing features make it a force to be reckoned with, allowing drivers to tow campers, machinery, and much, much more easily and safely. Here are a few highlights from early and newer models alike:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: TorqueFlite® transmissions use a torque converter and Simpson gearset, or two similar planetary gearsets that share a sun gear. Newer Ram 1500 trucks sport a TorqueFlite® 8 — making this model the first in its class to offer an eight-speed automatic.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 offers some of the largest brakes in the segment. Newer models sport 14.9-inch brakes to help you stop on a dime.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Depending on the year of the model you choose, this system may be available to help watch your blind zones on Spokane Valley roads.
Find a Used Ram 1500 for Sale at ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere!
Curious how the Ram 1500 towing capacity compares to other models? Learn more about the Chevy Silverado 1500 and Ford F-150 towing capacities! When you’re ready to schedule a test drive or if you have questions about our pre-owned vehicle specials, contact us for more information.
More from ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere
Home of the Best Used Trucks in Spokane The Professional Auto Buyers at ClickIt Auto and RV in Wandermere have done it again. It is hard to find a used Ford truck that hasn’t been heat to heck. Their reputation for being Built Ford Tough is tested daily as the most popular commercial truck on…
Are you shopping for a light-duty truck for sale near Spokane? You may be wondering, “How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” Since its 1999 launch, the GMC Sierra has offered impressive towing capacities that have only climbed throughout the years. The newest GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped….
If you’re shopping for a full-size truck, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” The Ram 1500 has a long and rich history of getting the job done for Spokane drivers. New models have a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning the truck a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing distinction. Whether…