What’s the GMC Sierra Towing Capacity?
Are you shopping for a light-duty truck for sale near Spokane? You may be wondering, “How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” Since its 1999 launch, the GMC Sierra has offered impressive towing capacities that have only climbed throughout the years. The newest GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped. Learn more about this pickup’s specs, then start exploring our used GMC inventory for the perfect truck for your needs!
Capable & Configurable
Depending on how it’s configured, the GMC Sierra pickup truck can tow over 12,000 pounds. As you’d expect from GMC, the Sierra has a wide range of options, so Spokane Valley can be sure they’re getting the performance their task requires. Some of these options include the following:
- Drivetrain Options: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Sizes Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: Powerful V6 and V8 engines
- Cab Styles: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Towing Features for the GMC Sierra
- Max Trailering Package: Equipped with a tow package, your GMC Sierra will be able to tow everything from heavy materials to campers to boats. A large rear axle and axle ratio, an enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavy-duty rear springs, and a powerful alternator are included.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Using a controller, you can monitor and configure the way the trailer brakes operate from inside the cabin.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system alters transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak to align with the mode you choose.
- Trailering Camera Package: Hooking up a trailer or changing lanes and reversing with a trailer in tow is made easier with two side-view mirror cameras.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When you put the GMC Sierra in Park, the Electronic Parking Brake kicks in automatically to help prevent rolling.
Shop Used Pickup Trucks at ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere!
Ready to explore our inventory of used GMC models and learn more about the GMC Sierra towing capacity firsthand? Contact us at ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere to schedule a test drive near Coeur d'Alene, ID and Spokane Valley! Are you still researching your options? Learn more about used tow-ready trucks, such as the Ford F-150, Chevy Silverado 1500, and Ram 1500.