What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The Ford F-150 offers workhorse power that thousands of Americans continue to rely on each year. With recent models sporting a Best-in-Class towing of 13,200 pounds and a selection of impressive specs across each configuration, it’s a model to put your faith in whether you like to tow ATVs into the backcountry or haul construction equipment. Explore our used truck inventory to find a Ford F-150, or another reliable Ford model, at a reasonable rate!
What Are the Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs?
The Twelfth-Generation F-Series was produced between 2004 and 2008. It was during this time that the Ford F-150 underwent significant changes to its interior and exterior, such as a lighter chassis. These changes gave it greater towing power. Today, the Thirteenth-Generation Ford F-150 configurations allow drivers to choose from five available engines for their own perfect blend of power. Towing and payload specs differ between them, so it’s worth checking out how your chosen setup will impact capability.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6: Tows up to 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: Tows up to 9,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Tows up to 11,600 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel: Tows up to 11,400 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: Tows up to 13,200 pounds.
What Are Some Ford F-150 Towing Tips?
You can make the most of Ford F-150 towing by:
- Keeping your tires properly inflated
- Securing the items you tow around Seattle
- Keeping plenty of distance between you and vehicle ahead
- Allowing for extra clearance when passing on the highway into Spokane Valley
- Merging carefully while towing around Coeur d'Alene, ID
You can also utilize these Ford F-150 smart towing features, which are available on the new and late-model trucks:
- Smart Trailer Tow Connector
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen with Trailer Information
- BLIS® Blind Spot Monitoring System with Trailer Coverage
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-Of-Site Guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
Command Best-in-Class Tow Ratings with the Ford F-150!
The Ford F-150 complements Best-in-Class towing with a Best-in-Class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds with the available 5.0L V8. To explore engine options and trim levels, check out the used truck inventory, or research available models, feel free to contact us today or visit our Spokane showroom. You can even use our online form to apply for financing from the comfort of your own home.
More From ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere
The Ford F-150 offers workhorse power that thousands of Americans continue to rely on each year. With recent models sporting a Best-in-Class towing of 13,200 pounds and a selection of impressive specs across each configuration, it’s a model to put your faith in whether you like to tow ATVs into the backcountry or haul construction…
Because of its portability and long lifespan, propane is an ideal energy source for RVs. It keeps your camper, trailer or motorhome warm, water hot and drinks cold. Before you hit the road, prepare your RV’s propane tank with these tips. Inspect your propane system regularly Inspect propane cylinders and holding mechanisms for any signs…
Forest River Vengeance Super Sport 25V: A Toy Hauler with Purpose Toy haulers are a great way to enhance the RVing experience, allowing you to bring along your recreational toys and combine your passion for outdoor fun with the comforts associated the RV lifestyle. But not everyone has the same number of toys – sometimes,…