What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The Ford F-150 offers workhorse power that thousands of Americans continue to rely on each year. With recent models sporting a Best-in-Class towing of 13,200 pounds and a selection of impressive specs across each configuration, it’s a model to put your faith in whether you like to tow ATVs into the backcountry or haul construction equipment. Explore our used truck inventory to find a Ford F-150, or another reliable Ford model, at a reasonable rate!
What Are the Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs?
The Twelfth-Generation F-Series was produced between 2004 and 2008. It was during this time that the Ford F-150 underwent significant changes to its interior and exterior, such as a lighter chassis. These changes gave it greater towing power. Today, the Thirteenth-Generation Ford F-150 configurations allow drivers to choose from five available engines for their own perfect blend of power. Towing and payload specs differ between them, so it’s worth checking out how your chosen setup will impact capability.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6: Tows up to 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: Tows up to 9,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Tows up to 11,600 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel: Tows up to 11,400 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: Tows up to 13,200 pounds.
What Are Some Ford F-150 Towing Tips?
You can make the most of Ford F-150 towing by:
- Keeping your tires properly inflated
- Securing the items you tow around Spokane
- Keeping plenty of distance between you and vehicle ahead
- Allowing for extra clearance when passing on the highway into Spokane Valley
- Merging carefully while towing around Coeur d'Alene, ID
You can also utilize these Ford F-150 smart towing features, which are available on the new and late-model trucks:
- Smart Trailer Tow Connector
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen with Trailer Information
- BLIS® Blind Spot Monitoring System with Trailer Coverage
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-Of-Site Guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
Command Best-in-Class Tow Ratings with the Ford F-150!
The Ford F-150 complements Best-in-Class towing with a Best-in-Class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds with the available 5.0L V8. To explore engine options and trim levels, check out the used truck inventory, or research available models, feel free to contact us today or visit our Spokane showroom. You can even use our online form to apply for financing from the comfort of your own home. See how other trucks, such as the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, GMC Sierra 1500, and Ram 1500, compare in terms of towing power.
More From ClickIt Auto and RV Wandermere
Home of the Best Used Trucks in Spokane The Professional Auto Buyers at ClickIt Auto and RV in Wandermere have done it again. It is hard to find a used Ford truck that hasn’t been heat to heck. Their reputation for being Built Ford Tough is tested daily as the most popular commercial truck on…
Are you shopping for a light-duty truck for sale near Spokane? You may be wondering, “How much can the GMC Sierra tow?” Since its 1999 launch, the GMC Sierra has offered impressive towing capacities that have only climbed throughout the years. The newest GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 12,200 pounds when properly equipped….
If you’re shopping for a full-size truck, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” The Ram 1500 has a long and rich history of getting the job done for Spokane drivers. New models have a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning the truck a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing distinction. Whether…